The RSS Tarmac Series – Motorsports Suspension Systems are designed for the Porsche driver who demands the absolute maximum in precision handling, feedback and control from their chassis. This system has been specially engineered to provide unmatched performance, quality, strength and serviceability. RSS Tarmac Series Control Arms address the performance related shortcomings of the OEM rubber mounted suspension components which were designed to reduce road noise and vibration for everyday street use. The use of rubber injected moldings in mounting components such as the control arms, thrust arms, upper links and toe arms is a compromise in regards to maximum suspension performance. The soft rubber deflects under suspension load which in turn causes unwanted movement (deflection) between the suspension and chassis. Data also shows that temporary changes in spring rates can occur as well. These movements and changes result in unnecessary corrections and inputs from the driver.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Completely Serviceable: For the extreme, repetitive track day enthusiast or racer, our high strength
steel alloy spherical bearings (with a friction reducing, longevity increasing Teflon liner) can be replaced
unlike the motorsports arms, in which case a new set of arms will need to be purchased if the
spherical bearings are worn out.
• Adjustable Suspension Geometry: Adjust dynamic camber values and roll center heights with our
unique zinc plated steel bushings.
• Solid Monoball Control Arm Ends: Offers better handling and a more responsive suspension over the
factory one-piece rubber injected control arm by eliminating bushing deflection (also uses the same
high strength steel alloy spherical bearing found in our control arm monoball kit).
• 6061 Aerospace Grade Billet Aluminum Construction: Allows for a more uniform molecular structure
at every point of the arm over the cast components providing a more durable and inherently
stronger part. Manufacturing from billet aluminum rather than casting results in fewer impurities in
• Anodized Aluminum Surfaces and Zinc Plated Steel Parts: Allows for better corrosion resistance
against the elements.
AVAILABLE FOR MOST 996, 986, 981, 987 & 997 MODELS INCLUDING TURBO, GT2, GT2RS, GT3 & GT3RS
RSS TARMAC SERIES Motorsports Suspension Kits have been winning championships and races in various forms of motorsport (Road Racing to Rally) around the world. RSS is the preferred suspension of choice of professional race teams, tuners, track day junkies, and driving enthusiasts around the world.
- 2015 PIRELLI WORLD CHALLENGE TC CHAMPIONS
- 2014 FIA SPANISH RALLY TARMAC CHAMPIONS
- 2013 ROLEX GRAND-AM GX CHAMPIONS
RSS High Performance Tarmac Series Suspension Components are designed, engineered and manufactured on location here in the USA.